Monday 5 April 2010

Easter cookies

I've been busy baking cookies over Easter. Here are some of the finished ones......

Easter lambs decorated with sugar paste


To make these lambs, attach sugar paste to a cooled cookie with warmed apricot jam, then use a dresden tool to texture the sugar paste. Add sugar paste bows or flowers if desired (attaching them with a little bit of water), then draw eyes and nose on with an edible food pen. Sugar paste is a great medium to use to decorate cookies. Lindy Smith's book 'Bake me I'm yours cookie' has heaps of great examples of cookies deocrated with sugar paste if you want some more inspiration. I love this book and can highly recommend it.

Easter cookies make a great gift, especially when wrapped up in cellophane with Easter eggs....

Yum!

Bunnies, eggs and chicks

A quick way to decorate lots of cookies, is by using royal icing. Here I used different pastel coloured royal icing to flood each cookie, then once the cookies had dried I piped on top of them.

Happy Easter x

No comments:

Post a Comment