Tuesday 21 September 2010

Broom Broom

Last week I had to make a birthday cake for a guy who loves the finer things in life - including his black Porsche. The brief was pretty relaxed but the client wanted his Porsche featured in the cake somehow and wanted cupcakes for his guests. Anyway, as I'm not a fan of making cakes shaped as things, I decided to make a little porsche cake topper to place on a 6-inch rectangular lemon drizzle cake covered in sugarpaste. I made 36 cupcakes decorated with black and white sugarpaste (to match the cake) and also some decorated with a chocolate mousse swirl. Here's how it turned out:

The cake was placed on a tiered stand with the cupcakes on the tiers beneath it but unfortunately I didn't get a photo of it all set up. You can get the general idea though....

Happy baking x

No comments:

Post a Comment