Monday 7 November 2011

Cake International

Over the weekend I had the most amazing time at Cake International at the NEC in Birmingham. It was a full weekend of justing talking cake with my cakey friends. The entries in the competition categories this year were mind blowing, here are just a few of the amazing creations on display:



 The photo of this tiger doesn't do it justice. Each strand of fur was individually created by hand.....amazing

Each strand of fur on the cat was hand piped - the attention to detail on the cakes was incredible. Some of them must have taken months to complete.

This is just a section of a gorgeous fairy-themed cake.

This mermaid cake was one of my favourites - the beautiful coral and shells under the cake was so detailed, you could spend hours looking at it. Here's a bit of a close up....

 

Here's a section of another sea-inspired cake - love the little sea creatures

In the doll section -this entry blew me away. Everything you see has been made in sugar - even the crocheted table cloth was piped in royal icing. The miniature cakes on the doll's table were so detailed - I just loved this.


My mate Laura from Cakeology made this amazing sushi cake - it made it all the way in the car with us from London. She was awarded silver - I'm so happy for her.


As well as cakes, there were amazing floral entries. Some of these flowers look so real ....





I was a finalist in the live cupcake challenge - I had to decorate 13 cupcakes in 2 hours along with 8 other competitors. It was a lot of fun and I managed to finish in time. I decorated in my signature shabby chic style.....

 
and came 2nd place! I was so thrilled. Here's the winner's entry - her monkey cupcakes were so adorable.

Can't wait until the next show.....

Hope you all have a lovely week xx

6 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes are just beautiful - I always love seeing them! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Fiona, your cupcakes look too good to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome decorating! Well done Fee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! These are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. Super decoration. different designs of cakes looks good. it Look like the original thing.


    Silver Cufflinks

    ReplyDelete
  6. naturally like your website however you need to take a look
    at the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very bothersome to inform the reality then again I will
    surely come back again.

    Look at my homepage Generateur De Code PSN

    ReplyDelete