Friday 4 September 2009

Cookie Bouquet

Yesterday I prepared 2 cookie bouquets as gifts for friends who were celebrating their birthdays. This was my first attempt at baking a cookie on a stick and it was surprisingly easy!

I added the cookie sticks into the first batch of cookies as soon as I took them out of the oven. It was a bit tricky holding the hot cookies in place, but they turned out ok. For the second batch, I baked the cookies with the sticks already inserted. This proved to be the more successful technique, and the sticks felt more secure within the cookie.

Once the cookies were cool, I decorated them with royal icing, then put them into individual cello bags.


Next, I assembled them in a ceramic mug lined with tissue paper, using blu-tac to hold some of them in place. Lastly I wrapped the mug with tissue paper and cellophane to make it look like a flower bouquet. Here's the end result:


These bouquets make a nice centrepiece during a dinner party. I'll definitely be making more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment