Friday, 26 April 2013

Vintage Tea Party

Earlier this year I had a second wedding reception in Australia for my family and friends who couldn't join my London wedding last year. I spent months collecting vintage crockery from London car boot sales to send to Australia to recreate a British teaparty for my guests. Here are some photos from the day....

Flower arrangements from my neighbour's farm. Teapot biscuit favours made by me. I also made labels for the teapots that said 'Keep Calm and Drink Tea' to add extra Britishness!
I used paper doilies as name places and tied labels onto store bought jam with lace ribbon to add a touch of class. Table numbers were designed by In the Treehouse. A lovely assortment of cakes and sandwiches were made by High Society.
A candy bar featuring retro sweets, cake pops and meringues was put together by the wonderful Princess Jades Candy Buffet. I made the meringues, and got the lovely Savannah from Savvy Fare to make the pretty 2-tiered white chocolate mud cake, decorated with handmade sugar flowers for the centre of the table - just stunning. 
All our guests were encouraged to take a little bag to fill with sweets from the candy bar - it was so lovely to see the faces on all of the kids there when they saw the candy bar - they thought they were in heaven!
Mini teasets were given to the children to play with in their activity bags. I also filled the bag with bubbles, colouring books and a retro tin of snap cards. I made the activity packs using simple white paper craft bags decorated with handmade paper pinwheels (Tilda paper) with button centres and a little name tag. The kid's activity packs rested on mini chalkboards which made nice placemats for the kids and also provided another form of activity to keep the kids occupied! A single head of white micro hydrangea was placed into a vintage blue Balls jar on each table. There was so much lovely crockery on each table already providing decoration so I didn't need a large flower centrepiece as well.
It was such a lovely day.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Truly beautiful. The colors, laces, flowers and tea pot are oh so cute. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually the cutest thing I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post it shows some information and best advice I needs for a blog. Thanks and keep on posting. http://goo.gl/94Jfnk

    ReplyDelete