Friday 26 April 2013

Vintage Tea Party

Earlier this year I had a second wedding reception in Australia for my family and friends who couldn't join my London wedding last year. I spent months collecting vintage crockery from London car boot sales to send to Australia to recreate a British teaparty for my guests. Here are some photos from the day....

Flower arrangements from my neighbour's farm. Teapot biscuit favours made by me. I also made labels for the teapots that said 'Keep Calm and Drink Tea' to add extra Britishness!
I used paper doilies as name places and tied labels onto store bought jam with lace ribbon to add a touch of class. Table numbers were designed by In the Treehouse. A lovely assortment of cakes and sandwiches were made by High Society.
A candy bar featuring retro sweets, cake pops and meringues was put together by the wonderful Princess Jades Candy Buffet. I made the meringues, and got the lovely Savannah from Savvy Fare to make the pretty 2-tiered white chocolate mud cake, decorated with handmade sugar flowers for the centre of the table - just stunning. 
All our guests were encouraged to take a little bag to fill with sweets from the candy bar - it was so lovely to see the faces on all of the kids there when they saw the candy bar - they thought they were in heaven!
Mini teasets were given to the children to play with in their activity bags. I also filled the bag with bubbles, colouring books and a retro tin of snap cards. I made the activity packs using simple white paper craft bags decorated with handmade paper pinwheels (Tilda paper) with button centres and a little name tag. The kid's activity packs rested on mini chalkboards which made nice placemats for the kids and also provided another form of activity to keep the kids occupied! A single head of white micro hydrangea was placed into a vintage blue Balls jar on each table. There was so much lovely crockery on each table already providing decoration so I didn't need a large flower centrepiece as well.
It was such a lovely day.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Truly beautiful. The colors, laces, flowers and tea pot are oh so cute. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually the cutest thing I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post it shows some information and best advice I needs for a blog. Thanks and keep on posting. http://goo.gl/94Jfnk

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! Your crockery is so beautiful and looks lovely. I am in love with all your arrangements. Honestly loved the buffet. Had never arranged such tea party but would love to do it at one of Chicago event venues. Will have amazing crockery set for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! Australia strippers

    ReplyDelete